We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get to Khao Yai national park from BBK

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Get to Khao Yai national park from BBK

Hi all

Has anyone done this journey before?

I can't decide between taking the coach from Mochit bus station or take the train?

I read many reports that the train to Pak Chong ( gateway for the Khao Yai national park) can take between 3 & 4hrs- on a wooden bench in a non air con train, it might feel a bit stuffy after a while.

Would anyone recommend the bus?

thanks for any info

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get to Khao Yai national park from BBK

Khao Yai is a nice place and worth the visit. I have only ever made the trip to Khao Yai by car though, so I can't comment on the train. The bus is probably as convenient, quick and comfortable, but like I said I have no firsthand experience with the train. How will you get from Pak Chong to the park and how will you get around inside the park?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Get to Khao Yai national park from BBK

Same here. I think there are a/c compartments on the train for 2nd class tickets but I'm not sure, and yes trains are slow.

One aspect is how long do you plan to stay there? If its a day trip, then a great deal of time would be taken up in getting there and back. If its for a few days, many of the resorts in the area provide transport between Bangkok and the resort, but its likely to be more expensive than the bus.

At Pak Chong, there will certainly be Songtaews available for hire.

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Get to Khao Yai national park from BBK

thank you very much for the replies- we're staying 4 days so plenty time.We're staying in a hotel who will organize daytrips to the park, so we should be fine.

I just can't decide whether the bus or the train is better... but I know that I don't want to drive. I do enough of this in Europe :)

4. Re: Get to Khao Yai national park from BBK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 05:26