We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Thailand

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Thailand

Hi peeps!

Please help me with my first trip to Thailand. I am planning to visit this beautiful country in November (2-3 weeks). I know it is not much time but I want to see as much as possible. Any ideas how to start planning my itinerary? I will be landing in Malaysia(Kuala Lumpur).

Thanks!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Thailand

I suggest dividing your time between Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and a coastal destination. If the beach is not your thing so to speak, then 2 weeks alloes for a nice visit to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. That period of time would allow plenty of time for other inland visits, such as Ayudhaya (sp?), Chiang Rai, Sukhothai, or a couple of days to Angkor in Cambodia. You may not be able to do all of these, but could certainly do many. Most visitors head for the beach at some point. A few days at the beach is enough for me, but many people like a week. Key questions are budget, what do you want to see, and how will you get around?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Thailand

Thank you very much Jnhdrac.

I like beaches but only for a couple of hours, I am getting bored very quickly so I am going to spend my time exploring the nature and culture. I am going to rent a car and I really want to visit Angkor in Cambodia too so I was thinking of using Airasia.

3. Re: First time in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 14:19