We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain, rain, rain

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rain, rain, rain

I can`t believe we waited an entire year to come to Thailand and now we have this really crappy weather. Koh Samui was monsooning for the last 3 days we were there. We are now in Phuket and it is cloudy and rainy. Please pray to Buddha and ask him to make nicer weather.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Unfortunately this a huge system stretching from Australia right across Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand and there doesn't appear to be an end in sight, though a friend here said it should start breaking tomorrow.

See this link forhttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454898-storm-warning-for-phuket-south-thailand/ severe warning for Phuket and Southern Thailand

Edited: 27 March 2011, 03:39
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Its called El Nina! The weather so far this year has been quite freakish, and more is in store by all accounts.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain, rain, rain

But the good news is...it's NOT going to rain in July!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Can you guarantee that?!?!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Well, at least it's about 30 celsius degrees warmer than Fort St. John!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Weather predictions are getting worse all the time, I can't say I'm surprised with rain in Koh Samui as this is expected now but Phuket should be hot and sunny, hopefully it'll change.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Unfortunately the weather predictions for Khao Lak and Phuket have been spot on for the last 10 days - Rain, rain, rain! - and more to come. Very unseasonal. But that's the world at the moment!!!

Hobart, Tasmania...
Level Contributor
93 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain, rain, rain

I will have my fingers crossed for the next few months............August just has to be fine weather! The odd downpour is expected, but it is usually hot and sunny during the day, or it was last time I was there. The weather patterns all around the world are changing, so its anyones guess what it will be like. Just look at New Zealand and Japan lately. I'm in Tasmania, and our weather here is brilliant, gorgeous sunny days at this time of year. Thirty years ago I used to walk to school on ice and it was nothing to have snow, and its been a long time since it has been like that! I hope the weather improves for the last of your holiday, there is nothing more disappointing than it raining for the entire time!! Good luck!!

West Aussie
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain, rain, rain

We arrive in Khoa Lak in 9 days, we dont mind a bit of rain but I hope its not all day everyday!!!! We are from Perth and today its 35deg, the last time we had rain was something like 60 days ago,and the temperature is not backing off at all. So we actually wont mind a bit of rain :)

Edited: 28 March 2011, 08:34
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain, rain, rain

Its a good deal colder than that (at least in Bangkok) right now. Quite chilly.