We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choices in cities

houston
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
Save Topic
Choices in cities

If we need to choose from Singapore, Bangkok, Hongkong..Which city is the best to visit as a traveller. Not going mainly for shopping...Sightseeing etc. Which one is the best?...Need to choose one. First time travel.

Thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choices in cities

Hi bind 37

Hard to help you with so little info -

- age?

-companion(s)?

- interests?

In brief, Singapore is a very comfortable destination for Western travellers due to latent British influence (and duty free island status)

- Bangkok - you love it or hate it based on your initial experience usually. We love to stay at the Intercontinental and be pampered with spectacular service at the Club level on 37 - your choice.

- Hong Kong - very civilised, post sunset city laser shows on tall buildings - good venue if you are enroute home to USA and need to cross the Pacific. Make sure you book a time-acclimitisation stop of a couple of days in Honolulu so you dont come home to calls from friends/family when you are totally jetlagged,

Edited: 11 August 2011, 16:33
houston
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Choices in cities

Thanks a lot for ur response...We're two adults and two kids...Age in 30's..Kids r 12 and 7 boy and girl...I heard a lot about Singapore nica and clean city that's why I choose Sin...This is my first time...Not important def need to go Singapore...Not going for shopping that much...We need good sight seeing in that perticular city to visit. Please advise me which city should I choose the best between these three...If there not that much to see in Sin. then I'll drop my idea. Which city has more attraction?...Need help..Confused.

Thanks.

3. Re: Choices in cities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 13:17