We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand in November?

Boston...
Level Contributor
824 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand in November?

I read the FAQ's but would like to hear your thoughts on visiting Thailand during the month of November.

thanks!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand in November?

Hi,

It's a great time to go imo. The weather is good, it's not too busy, or too hot, you have events like Loy Krathong and other festivals. The north is particularity beautiful at that time of the year and whilst you can still get the occasional rain shower on the Andaman coast and in the south it's still pretty good in most years.

Cheers

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,179 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand in November?

If you don't like the oppressive heat November is a very good time to go.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,692 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand in November?

My absolute favourite time to visit, paticularly the North.

Boston...
Level Contributor
824 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand in November?

ok.. thanks.. I will definitely put Thailand in my list of possible destinations and start reading the forum more closely.

I have 2 weeks off in November and am looking into options.. I want warm weather, yes.. oppressive heat, no thanks. :)

thanks again for the replies.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand in November?

The west coast (Andaman) has the better weather at that time of year, so avoid the east coast which will be in monsoon season and also have rough seas. With 2 weeks you could have a week in the Chiang Mai area and then fly direct to either Phuket or Krabi and hang out in the south. Phuket is a full on tourist mecca, whereas the Krabi area, Koh Lanta and Khao Lak are quieter and more laid back than Phuket.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
6. Re: Thailand in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:42