We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of Thailand is best for us?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Which part of Thailand is best for us?

Hi guys

Just wnted to see what recommendations u travellers can provide me with before I start looking at hotels. I am bogged down with the information on the Internet and need some help.

Previously me And my husband have stayed in kuala lumpur twice and have enjoyed the charm and culture Of the city. However this time we wanted to have a bit of a beach relaxing holiday but it would be awesome to be near an area where local culture and charm can be aPpreciated. It would also help if the sight seeing areas would be easy to get to from the beach area. The beach area we would like to Stay at would ideally be suited to a couple and not party animals Or busy with families

Also does anyone know whether halal food iS readily Available and do any hotels offer halal food in Thailand??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Seller
Phi Phi Island Adventure Day Trip by...
58 reviews
from US$90.00*
Best Seller
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and...
1,119 reviews
from US$72.30*
Sea Cave Kayaking at Phang Nga Bay
58 reviews
from US$127.00*
Best Seller
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant...
67 reviews
from US$48.20*
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,170 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part of Thailand is best for us?

It would help a great deal to give you advice if you told us when you are planning on travelling to Thaiand. The climate is different at different times of the year. For instance, since you are looking for a beach holiday, the main two regions are the Western Andaman Sea and Southern Thailand, which inclues Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Ko Lanta, when the Dery season runs from November to Apriland the Gulf of Thailand which includes Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Hua Hin when some of the best weather is July/August.

An idea of your budget for accommodation is jelpful as prices vary from location to location and for different dates.

I don't know about halal food in hotels but certainly there are halal restaurants in different resort locations.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part of Thailand is best for us?

Hi,

The time we would want to go is April.

Also budget for a hotel would be about £100 a day.

M

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,170 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which part of Thailand is best for us?

The area I am most familiar with and where we stay for 5 months every year is Khao Lak which is just an hour north from Phuket Airport. There are 25km of beautiful beaches with accommodation to suit all budgets, including yours, and tastes with a more laid back atmosphere than its much bigger neighbour Phuket. Tours are available to various diverse places as the Similan and Surin Islands, Khao Sok National Park and Phang Nga Bay.

Go across to the Khao Lak Forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297914-i10908-K… and have a look at the Top Questions on the right then if you are interested post for further information.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,071 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which part of Thailand is best for us?

Khao Lak, Hua Hin or quieter areas of Koh Samui (Choeng Mon or South Chaweng possibly), Koh Lanta.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which part of Thailand is best for us?

April is ok weatherwise nearly everywhere so I would check out Khao Lak and Koh Samui, Khao Lak depending on what you prefer is smaller and quieter whereas Samui is busier.

6. Re: Which part of Thailand is best for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17