We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not Sure Where To Go??

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
236 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Not Sure Where To Go??

Went to Thailand during the spring of 2011 for 3 weeks. Spent 2 weeks on Koh Samui and 1 week in Phuket. We would like to go back next Spring but we're not sure how to do it?? We know we don't want to do Phuket again. We missed Koh Phi Phi because of unusually high rain during our visit and our day trips had to be cancelled. I still feel as though we haven't seen Thailand because of the weather that spring.

Anyway.......my question is if you could go to 3 places for 1 week each where would you go? Interest is snorkelling, smaller resorts, maybe an elephant santuary. 2 couples in their 50's. Money is okay - sort of middle of the road to a little higher end once in a while for a treat. Would like to be able to take a boat to next place or fly if it's worth it. Any ideas would be greatly appreicated.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Not Sure Where To Go??

Chiangmai, Bangkok and Trang, but don't leave it later than April.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,131 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not Sure Where To Go??

Agree with Bbtony - possibly substituting Koh Phangan and Koh Tao for Trang as the weather is usually very good on the east coast at that time of year - great snorkelling on Koh Tao.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Not Sure Where To Go??

Thank you for the info. I will start looking into those places.

4. Re: Not Sure Where To Go??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:17