We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Booking Ticket to Bangkok....

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
After Booking Ticket to Bangkok....

I have previously asked a few questions in the last few days and I want to say how thankful I am for all of your help. Trip Advisor is the best place for information.

Is it possible to have a travel agent, either in Canada or Thailand, book all of our smaller resorts and plane/ferry tickets so we have everything we need before we even get there??

Is it better to wait until we are in Thailand and then start looking around for places to stay and islands to visit? My only concern is that I always have everything planned when we travel. It would be hard not to do any planning before.It will we spring (March) 2013 probably a busy time.

What would you suggest??

Thanks again

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After Booking Ticket to Bangkok....

Plane tickets should be booked in advance, you can do this yourself online through Bangkok Airways, Air Asia, Nok Air etc - don't bother getting a travel agent to do it, likewise with accommodation do it direct or through sites like Agoda.com or Sawadee.com. Ferry tickets are easily booked once you are there (wherever there is). It's always advisable to have at least 1 night booked somewhere so that you don't arrive exhausted and disorientated and then have to try and find somewhere to sleep and store luggage. March is not an overly busy time.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: After Booking Ticket to Bangkok....

"Is it possible to have a travel agent, either in Canada or Thailand, book all of our smaller resorts and plane/ferry tickets so we have everything we need before we even get there??"

Yes, but you'll be paying more (and probably quite a % more) than if you were to do it urself.

I agree with Cassnu regarding booking flights and accomodations on your own. For Air Asia, they offer promotional sales regularly and some of them are really inexpensive but these are booked months in advance. The downside it that it rules out flexibility (though with Air Asia you can change your tickets for a fee--but for the same flight only).

What I like about hotel booking agencies like Agoda is that they offer you a choice of which currency you pay in. For example, I like to pay in U$ and were I to be charged in Thai bahts for a credit card payment, I would incur an exchange fee (a %-tage) from by credit card company.

Also, it depends upon what type of traveler you are. Some like to have a general outline whereas others want a full itinerary planned out ahead.

3. Re: After Booking Ticket to Bangkok....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:41