We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early do I book??

Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
44 helpful votes
How early do I book??
Save

How far in advance should I start booking accom/flights? We are looking at a 21 day stay in late march early April. Going to fly into Bangkok for 4 nights, then a few nights in chiang Mai followed by 10 nights in krabi.

Not sure if I should be booking now, or wait a little while longer.

Happy for suggestions of accom/places to see in these stop overs. I am first time Thailand traveller.

Thanks again

lancashire
Level Contributor
204 posts
82 reviews
72 helpful votes
1. Re: How early do I book??
Save

I myself would book flights now if possible I have never got a cheaper flight in waiting in fact i found the opposite .do your research flight times ect ..get a idea of prices and book. Same with accomadation research have a look on ta reviews and book it .. Are you booking direct or going through a agent ..I price it all up myself then see if travel agents can cut the cost I am always happy with the deal I get..hope this helps as I am no expert but this is how i have sorted our 9 trips to Thailand ..

perth
Level Contributor
20,312 posts
61 reviews
49 helpful votes
2. Re: How early do I book??
Save

Hi

Yes I would suggest to book or search for your flights now. The early you book the cheaper you will get as some time they have promotions. I can see you are going to chinngmai as well as krabi I would strongly you book internal flights, trains and bus well in advance too. In April between 12-15th is Thai new year ( Songkran) it's very busy time and the Thais who works & live in different area returning home town( just like Xmas). Transportations per & post Songkran can be a bit of nightmare.

Good luck

Berlin, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
23,280 posts
32 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: How early do I book??
Save

Book flights as early as possible (some airlines might not even have their timetables finalized for next March, though).

For accommodation, the hotels seem to start to provide room contingents to discount bookers about 2 or 3 months ahead. So you may be overpaying if you try to book now for March of next year. I'd start looking at Agoda, Asiatravel, Wotif, Asiawebdirect about January.

Transfers and ferries do not need to be pre-booked. In fact, you're better off not pre-booking.

Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: How early do I book??
Save

Thanks for thr advice guys. I will start looking now. We have to be back in Brisbane by the 14th for start of school term, so plan to fly out around 10th of April to avoid some of the extra crowds for the thai new year.

As this is our first trip to Thailand, I am open to suggestions of where to go for our 10 night beach stay. We are a young family with 8 yr old so the crazy party life isn't what we are looking for. Just relaxation, good food and close shopping. Also a hotel with pool is important along with easy access to day trips.

Is krabi the right choice to base ourselves at, and if so, where would you stay??

Thanks again

Sharon

Italy
Level Contributor
39,912 posts
255 reviews
213 helpful votes
5. Re: How early do I book??
Save

I think it's too early but you could start looking at flights, I always check out the matrix fare comparison website, this is the website:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Thailand
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
14,020 posts
180 reviews
174 helpful votes
6. Re: How early do I book??
Save

I always book sooner rather than later, also once I have the flight booked I can start to look forwards to the trip and count down!!!! (I know just a big kid)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
38,982 posts
360 reviews
413 helpful votes
7. Re: How early do I book??
Save

Hi

book flights early (including internal ones - where necessary) the earlier you book the flights the cheaper they seem to be!

We just then look around for hotels, see what deals are on. However, for our Feb / March trip we are already booked up!

Now the more personal bit . . . << Is krabi the right choice to base ourselves at, and if so, where would you stay?? >> Really there is only one person who can answer that, and that is YOU! Based on your budgets, your age, your style, shoping / bars / restaurants / busy or quiet, likes and dislikes etc. I would suggest you read and research as much as possible, see what appeals, and fits in with you as a traveller. If Krabi appeals and you think it is for you, then it is the right place.

The krabi forum is a great place to read up on!

8. Re: How early do I book??

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 04:17
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.