We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi or Phuket?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Krabi or Phuket?

I have 2 nights to spend in either one of these places before travelling on to Ko Lanta in December.

Which is best for:

• Ease of onward travel/connections?

• Beaches

• Scenery

• Food

• Hotels (I'm honeymooning)

Can anyone advise please?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi or Phuket?

Krabi is better for connections to Lanta which is part of Krabi province. Krabi also is famous for its stunning scenery which is more dramatic than that on Phuket - the latter being very pretty. Food is going to be much the same in either place - great! Phuket overall has better transport connections but is a mass tourism destination with a dozen or more flights every day. December is peak season in both places. Phuket has been a big tourist destination longer than Krabi and therefore has a much bigger selection of hotels of all standards.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi or Phuket?

Personally I can not decide any of them because I liked both places so much. As said on previous post Krabi is better connected in Lanta for the rest I wouldn't mind either places. I personally would visit both if time could be managed!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi or Phuket?

I would go with Krabi only because it's easier to get to Koh Lanta.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi or Phuket?

Thanks everyone!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi or Phuket?

just came back from both of these places, i would go to Krabi , a nice place not too busy and just loved it ,,will be back there next year

len

6. Re: Krabi or Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:15