We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
199 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand

Well, we are finally in the last stages of shoring up our itinerary for the trip, thanks to everyone's help. Then, I receive this email from a friend who travels a lot and, in fact, recently went to Vietnam. travelerstoday.com/articles/3029/20120913/my…

Comments? We still plan on going.

Best Seller
Phi Phi Island Adventure Day Trip by...
58 reviews
from US$90.00*
Best Seller
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and...
1,119 reviews
from US$72.30*
Sea Cave Kayaking at Phang Nga Bay
58 reviews
from US$127.00*
Best Seller
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant...
67 reviews
from US$48.20*
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand

Yes, it clearly happens.

Of course the risk has to be weighed up against the number of visitors to Thailand and Vietnam that have a terrific vacation and travel experience.

None of these poisoning stories should put people off visiting.

Edited: 24 September 2012, 00:20
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,071 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand

Unfortunately things happen everywhere, wouldn't let it put you off.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand

I read about this on the Vietnam form a few days ago and although it is very disturbing, especially as they don't know why these poor girls died it wouldn't put me off visiting Asia.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand

Tourists die in the US and Europe too from this kind of thing, whether deliberate or accidental. Its scary which ever country it happens in. This story sounds like a 'slow news day' as its a compilation of old news.

Edited: 24 September 2012, 08:14
5. Re: Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:19