We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South East Asia DEC-JAN 2012-2013

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
South East Asia DEC-JAN 2012-2013

Hello! This December a friend and I will be doing some traveling around SE Asia. I live in Thailand so I won't be spending any time here : ) We are set on visiting Vietnam and Laos (in that order since tickets have been purchased) but are looking for a third country to explore and can't make up our minds. Anyone have suggestions of where to go and where would be a great place to bring in the New Year? Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: South East Asia DEC-JAN 2012-2013

I think it depends greatly on what your interests are, and what kind of experience you're looking for (e.g. big city experience vs. beach/nature vs. more of a cultural focus, etc.).

You might want to consider Malaysia, for example. You will find a good mixture of things to see/do, depending on which area you want to explore.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South East Asia DEC-JAN 2012-2013

Thanks! I guess we would like more beach/nature for the last leg of our trip. It would be great to bring in the new year seaside.

3. Re: South East Asia DEC-JAN 2012-2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 09:17