We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Hobart, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Hi,

My partner and I are travelling to Thailand for the first time at the end of February. We are starting in Bangkok then making our way down south before back up to the North of Thailand. What would be the best options to get from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin? We are only going to plan as far as Cha-am/Hua Hin then play the last 3 weeks of our trip by ear. Any advise would be appreciated :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Trains, buses, passenger vans or private transfers. Trains tend to be the slowest but cheapest; going by bus means getting to the southern bus terminal; passenger vans run from Victory Monument but have tight seating and no baggage space. Private transfers are the most comfortable and most expensive option.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin

If you don't have much luggage you can go there by minivan at Victory Monument.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin

White minivan from Victory Monument would be my choice as well. Cheap fast and effecient. I was ok with my luggage but was only going to Pattaya and back. They may charge you for big suitcases if a takes up a seating space on the van

4. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Cha-am/Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 15:19