We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vaccinations for ko samui/ko phangan?

UK
Level Contributor
247 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
vaccinations for ko samui/ko phangan?

Hi there

we are going to ko samui and ko pha ngan in february.. Do I need any vaccinations and if so which ones? I am thinking I don't need malaria tablets.. Any advice gratefully received! Cheers, natalie

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vaccinations for ko samui/ko phangan?

Hi natalie

An up to date Tetanus/Diptheria/Polio- (combined in 1 injection) it lasts 10 yrs. Also Hepatitis A and Typhoid injection are generally recommended.

If you haven't had any of these, or Typhoid is out of date- lasts 3 years then make an appt at GP Surgery.You can ring your GP Surgery to check up on what you have had or need.

No malaria meds required, but Dengue Fever is a problem and repeatedly commented on and so Mossie repellant for daytime and evening use definately recommended.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vaccinations for ko samui/ko phangan?

Hi

The best person can give you advice is your doctor. However we too like above poster always make sure we are up to date with Tetanus, Typhoid, Hep A ( not because we are going oversea) and I also have Hep B as I am working with public.

Agree above comment make sure you're cover with mossie repellent.

Happy holiday :)

3. Re: vaccinations for ko samui/ko phangan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:17