We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

Hi guys,

I am looking at visiting Thailand for the first time with my husband during christmas (for aprox 2 weeks).

We love visiting Seminyak in Bali - potato head, lovely restaurants like Chandra, and Cafte Bali, good shopping and beaches close by. Also the tourists that tend to visit (are perceived) as not so rough as the tourists that visit other areas as Kuta.

The weather over dec/jan seems like it is an ideal time to be in Thailand and the beaches look a lot more beautiful.

However, i dont know what area i should look at basing ourselves (villa/ hotel) that provides the same things that i love about Seminyak.

Can you please advise?

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

Well Thailand is a large country, if you want nice beaches that time of year with restaurants and enough to do for most perhaps Koh Lanta or Khao Lak. Busy enough without being packed out, if that makes sense

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

There's nothing quite like Seminyak in Thailand as its completely different, but IMO making comparisons is always a mistake. Hua Hin has a nice feel, or possibly Kata in Phuket might be someway towards what you're expecting. Personally, I'd forget about Seminyak and do some research about various places in Thailand with an open mind. Krabi is also worth looking at. Its is peak season and many beach areas are going to be extremely busy.

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

Hi

I agree you can't really compare Seminyak with Thailand, Seminyak is just area in Bali. Thailand is the whole country.

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

Hi there I am in EXACTLY the same quandry as you! My research is tending towards Khao Lak but I am sure it will be a little quieter than seminyak (no potato head). I also stayed at Phi Phi pre kids which was very cool but does not seem to have the accommodation options like Khao Lak. Phuket would not be my choice (sorry if i offend Phuket lovers) or at least go to the beaches that are further away from the central ones.

I would be interested to see where you end up. Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

Hi there I am in EXACTLY the same quandry as you! My research is tending towards Khao Lak but I am sure it will be a little quieter than seminyak (no potato head). I also stayed at Phi Phi pre kids which was very cool but does not seem to have the accommodation options like Khao Lak. Phuket would not be my choice (sorry if i offend Phuket lovers) or at least go to the beaches that are further away from the central ones.

I would be interested to see where you end up. Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
6. Re: Comparison between Thailand and Seminyak Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 10:18