We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

Okinawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

We will do 7 days in Thailand or so and want to experience Songkran. where would you go for Songkran- 12 and 14 year old boys are part of the mix so wild and wooly water fights sound great. Should we head for Bangkok, Phuket, or Chaing Mai?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

I think things can get a little hairy in Phuket, so I'd be heading to Chiang Mai myself and mixing it with a bit of culture at the same time.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

Last year I was in Phuket the day before and it was a bit chaotic then Bangkok for the rest of the time. It was an experience but we didn't see too much of the cultural side as it's such a big place. If I was to go again it would be to Chiang Mai.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

I'd choose Chiang Mai for a lovely place in Songkran day. :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

Hi

Chiang Mai would be my pick as Cass says you get both culture and fun. However in chiang Mai can get very wild too in some certain area especially around the moat:)

5. Re: If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:17