We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Opole, Poland
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Which island would you recommend to spend honeymoon (5-7 days)? Koh Tao, Koh Similan? I want a nice, small and quiet beach, few tourists, white sand, crystal water, bungalows on the beach with seaview...

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Hi,

Well ko kradang has a very nice high end place with all those qualities, but I wouldn't risk outside of December to April.

Cheers

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Depends on the time of year and for such a short time those islands you mention are a bit of hassle to get to IMO.

There are some easier to get to mainland areas that could fit the bill, Khao Lak (75 minutes north of Phuket) during the months of November to May or somewhere south of Hua Hin during January to September. Also Koh Chang worth looking at too dependent on time of year.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
909 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Check out the Gajapuri resort on Koh Chang.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Depends on time of year

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Although Khao Lak does not have "white sand, crystal water"

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Koh Similan , Koh Tarutao but both will open in high season From November - April only.

Koh Tao is lovely place for Gulf of Thailand :D

Opole, Poland
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

Thank you for all your suggestions... I plan to go there during mid-November or beginning of March. I've already been to Krabi (Koh Phi Phi, Hong islands) and Koh Chang. I liked Phi Phi islands and Poda island, but I haven't stayed there overnight and now I want to have something similar with coral reefs to stay on. Koh Chang was nice, but the beach wasn't as nice as on Phi Phi (not so beautiful coral reefs).

Koh Kradan, Koh Similan, Koh Tarutao and Koh Tao (Ang Thong islands) looks stunning on the pictures... It's impossible to go to all these places at one time, so I have to decide... What else I can do on these islands besides snorkelling and cruising on islands (are there any jungle trekking or temples nearby?) Advise me please...

8. Re: Which island for a honeymoon? Small, quiet beach wanted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:16