We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money to spend

Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Money to spend

I am travelling to Thailand from in December/January for 28 days.

From Bangkok - Chiangmai - Phuket - Phi Phi - AoNang - Khao Lak - Melbourne.

2 People ( 1 adult and 1 teenager)

My accommodation, flights and major tours are paid for.

We will do a little shopping (not planning to go crazy)

Happy to eat local foods

An occasional alcoholic drink (for me or course)

Some local sightseeing and transport

I’m not sure how much spending money I will need for the 2 of us. Can somebody give me some indication?

Thank you so much in advance :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money to spend

Well, 2,000 - 3,000 Baht / day, or less if you didn't pay much for alcoholic drink in pub,bar, buy water at 7-11, didn't shopping in the mall or pay for Taxi. transportation here kind of cheap not include Taxi and Tuk-Tuk

www.bangkokmetro.co.th/ticket.aspx…

bts.co.th/customer/en/01-ticketing-type-sing…

but I think it depends on a person and where to go/stay :^

8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Money to spend

I budgeted $150 per day and came home with some left. I did shop,drink at bars and activities

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
790 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money to spend

I also budgeted between $150-$200AUD per day for 2 of us which turned out to be wayyyy too much, took $4K came home with $1700, and some of that spent went towards dentist visits, one hotel bill, all our food, transport, heaps of tours, drinks, tips, shopping. We did a lot of walking as opposed to taking taxis, just cause that's how we like to explore, so I guess we saved on that, but we certainly didn't scrimp on things. If your accom/flights etc are all paid, that's a big chunk you don't have to worry about, use the BTS in Bangkok, you can eat quite cheaply as well.

Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Money to spend

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is sometimes difficult to know, I will aim for $150 per day :) Can't wait......

5. Re: Money to spend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:18