We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best value place to stay in Thailand

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best value place to stay in Thailand

Hi everyone,

I know this a broad question but we can't decided where to stay in Thailand. (2 couples) we are going around the world for 10months with a 7 day stop-over in Thailand. We fly into Bangkok at about 9:30pm we were originally thinking of going to Chang Mai and camping but we are now thinking we need a relaxing week - preferable in a beach location.

We were thinking of spending around 1000TB per night on accom. Can anyone think of anything that might suit us? We get there on the night of the 30th November. Do you think it would be best to book accom before we go or just wait till we rock up in the place we decide to go?

I hope I have been clear in my question, any help would be greatly appreciated as none of us have been to Thailand before.

Thanks

Chiangmai Trekking with Piroon
Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Chan Trekking Tour
Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
8Adventures
River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Siam River Adventures
River Rafting & Tubing, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best value place to stay in Thailand

Yes, book accommodation before you go. November is monsoon season on the east coast, so the west coast is a better bet weatherwise, but the more touristy areas particularly those around Phuket, Krabi etc tend to be more expensive. Places that are a bit more of the tourist map will be cheaper and there are plenty of cheap guesthouses in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. I would say book at least a couple of nights before you arrive to save the stress and hassle of trying to find accommodation.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best value place to stay in Thailand

If the beach in November - December I would advice you to visit Krabi province , Phuket it probably expensive for you not accommodation only.

Krabi might be a little province but there is beautiful not just only the beach.

There also have many nice places to visit like Koh Lanta, Sakeaw,Waterfall,Railay bay etc. But 1,000 THB for high season it seems hard to find. :'( and you probably book in advance.

3. Re: Best value place to stay in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:17