We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing?

Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Packing?

What is the one thing you always have to pack on a trip to Thailand? :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing?

Sunscreen - it's far cheaper at home than in Thailand.

I was going to say mozzie repellent, but you can buy that in Thailand very cheaply.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing?

Power board - for charging all your electronic bits and pieces at once with only one adaptor needed!

Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing?

Awesome! The first two items on my l"to pack" list! Thx!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing?

A small insect repellent that I can put in my hand luggage and I use it as soon as I arrive at the airport coz the blighters get me as soon as I leave the plane.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing?

Commonsense, so many leave it home when they travel. Passport and ticket the rest can be bought there if need be.

Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing?

thanks guys! anybody else have something to add?

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing?

I agree, for us its the powerboard, much easier than having adaptors for phones, laptops, cameras etc. Also little hand held luggage scales, helps to know if our luggage is going to be overweight coming home, if it is then we have time to send things home with Thai Post, cheaper than excess luggage :)

Cathy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing?

Agree with Cassnu - you can kill two birds with on stone taking Bushmans with sunscreen

9. Re: Packing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:17