We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

Hi. Have heard there are some really reasonable restaurants around patong or karon up in the hills. Not looking for 5 star but want more of an experience and the views. Something my kids would enjoy. Any suggestions?

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

Number 6 has a restaurant up a pretty steep hill in Patong, you can get there yourself or go to their restaurant on Rat-u-Thit Rd (also called No.6) for freer transfers.

I much prefer Tunk Ka Cafe for the food & views it is up Rang Hill in Phuket Town, very beautiful up there & nice for kids, sometimes you will see monkeys in the area. This restaurant is very popular with Thai's as well & has been around for nearly 30 years. The food is delicious & very cheap plus there are a few things like sandwiches & milkshakes if the kids don't want Thai food.

Cathy

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,560 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

Hi, both hotels are worth visiting. We used the free transfer for number 6 in the hills. Tung ka will require transport as it is more inin Phuket town, taxi will take you there

Edited: 09 December 2012, 05:20
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

Thanks Cathy. Just what I was looking for.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

Thanks for that. I think number 6 was what I was looking for.

5. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the hills around patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 00:16