We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

San Jose
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

I have only 5 days in Bangkok. Should I do 2 days in Phuket?

Just to clarify, I'm not interested in activities like snorckeling, diving, kayaking, etc.

thanks!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

Do you like the beach or swimming though? If not, my immediate thought was why Phuket? You could quite easily spend 5 days in Bangkok or try Chiang Mai instead of Phuket, but, it might be a squeeze.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

Hi

With just 5 days I would suggest just do Bangkok and perhaps day trip to ayuthaya or kanchanaburi would be worth traveling. For just two days to Phuket IMHO is worth the airfares and time traveling to and from the airport and to the hotel in Phuket which is most of then 45 mins away.

There are so much to see and do in Bangkok that will keep your stay very busy and interesting.

Just my thought :)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

I also would not bother going to Phuket just for 2 days, stay in Bangkok, there is so much to see and do even 5 days is not enought there:)

Cathy

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

Sorry too late for edit

My post was meant to say " with just two days is not worth the airfares and time traveling to and from "

San Jose
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

Thanks for the info. I have not booked my tickets to Phuket. It's good to know.

6. Re: how do I split 5 days of stay between Bangkok & Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:17