We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

Hi everyone,

As I had such a wonderful time on my recent trip to Thailand, I've decided that I can't possibly wait another full year before I visit again. Therefore, I'm considering spending some time in Chiang Mai and Bangkok in June.

Someone has told me that they think the weather at that time will make things too uncomfortable for me. I've checked out the weather information on this forum, however I would appreciate people's views regarding the comfort factor. By this, I don't necessarily mean rainfall, as I know that this can't be controlled and at that time of the year will expect some rain - which I'll work around.

I guess what I'm asking is: "Has anyone travelled to these locations in June and did they find the heat/humidity spoilt their holiday"?

I was fine with the weather late October/early November - except at the Grand Palace!

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sue

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

Its a bit hotter and more humid in June, but its not the worst time of year for that. You'll get the odd rain shower to cool you off. The hottest month is April. Its very much a personal thing as some can take it and some can't.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

Thanks bbtony.

I agree that it is, indeed, a very personal thing. I actually think that I get so interested in the sights that I don't notice the heat too much.

Sue

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

G-Day Sue, this is an extract from a JBR.

It mentions the weather in Chiang Mai on June 10.

"In February you could cut the air with a knife it was so thick with smoke and exhaust fumes, but now the air was clean and from our room you could see the horizon and watch the occasional afternoon storm rolling in over the hills sending the stall holders scurrying like ants"

June in Chiang Mai was just fine for us.

Have fun

Edited: 15 December 2012, 10:11
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

G-Day inaspin. Thank you for your reply.

I've really enjoyed reading your JBRs and your reply prompted me to go and re-read them. I'm getting heaps of info out of them and am being entertained by your great sense of humour at the same time!

I've decided to spend a week in Chiang Mai and a week in Bangkok in June and will 'go with the flow' as they say.

Regards,

Sue

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,952 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

We were there in June/July with our kids, didn't find it too hot at all, was actually perfect.

6. Re: June in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Uncomfortable weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 05:15