We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving thailand

Perth, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
scuba diving thailand

hi, does anyone know any dive courses company's that are good value for money. also is the ticket reconised internationaly? travelling around thaland for 4-6 weeks ,so got plenty of time.Just need to know the best value for money spot. I have never done scuba before and also do I have to get medical and if so do i have to get it in australia before i leave or can do it there? any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Nathan

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving thailand

Hi Nathan

Where you do your diving can be affected by the time of year, so before giving you specifics do you know when you'll be diving?

What you'll be looking to achieve is an Open Water qualification which is accepted world wide. There are a few different organisations that offer the qualification. Mainly PADI, SSI and BSAC, PADI and SSI are the most common.

In regards of a medical if you have any pre-exsisting medical conditions you would often need a doctor to sign off on it. You check the websites of the above mentioned companies for specifics. Whether you get it at home or in Thailand is not normally an issue.

Hope this helps get you started,