We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help complete beach part of itinerary for JUNE

Washington
Level Contributor
605 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Please help complete beach part of itinerary for JUNE

First time travelers to Thailand and are planning on going mid-end of June. I've read the FAQ weather questions and am used to traveling during the green season (costa rica, belize, mexico). First I would like to explain what I am looking for in a beach destination and maybe that will help you point me in the right direction.

Safe, Swimmable beach

Wildlife (love birds/monkeys)

Clear Water

Be able to snorkel offshore or take a boat (hour or less) to snorkel destination

Not too crowded/crazy but not deserted

Several dining options/shops nearby

Tropical/lush jungle surroundings either adjacent to the beach or nearby

Don't want to get pestered by vendors every minute (like mexico)

If on an Island, don't want to be bored to tears - and don't want to get stuck due to weather conditions (since it will be the last leg of our journey)

I know it is a long list but I'm trying to find the perfect destination to round out or trip. My husband and I are taking my parents and 10 year old son so nightlife is not the most important. I'm used to the quieter beaches of Costa Rica with tons of lush jungle and wildlife in the trees (like manuel antonio, osa). Does somewhere like that exist in Thailand? From the pictures, the beaches are more beautiful so I'm willing to compromise!

We will be flying into BKK, taking a train to Chiang Mai then I was thinking of going to Khao sak region and exploring the lake/jungle area before heading off to our beach destination. Krabi looks beautiful with the limestone cliffs, Khao Lak has some beautiful resorts and is logistically closer to BKK, and Koh Samui looks like it may have better weather in June.

Sorry for the long winded question! Thanks in advance!

11. Re: Please help complete beach part of itinerary for JUNE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:17