We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

warm clothes for boat trip?

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
warm clothes for boat trip?

Hi everyone just wondering if I need to pack warm clothes for a snorkeling day trip around the phi phi area in January?

Thanks very much for any replies

cheers frazz

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

Doubt it - Thailand is pretty warm (ie. hot) even during the so-called 'cool' season.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

thanks rubarabbit I wont pack the thermals then :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

Oh no dont waste the space in your luggage, Thailand always seems to be pretty arm no matter the time of year.

The first time we went we took a heap of jumpers and jeans and ended up living in shorts and a t-shirt!

Mentioned in this post
Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

LOL Samantha It's hard for me to imagine I wont need something warm to wear after swimming or in the evenings

Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

I'm glad u asked this question as I was wondering the same thing! I know what u mean - i am having to restrain myself from packing a set of warm clothes too. I'm so used to the colder nights here in Nz!

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

Howling Nor'wester here Melmel85 hoping for better things in Thailand !

Leave tomorrow at 6.20am.

woohoo can't wait :)

Mentioned in this post
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

Hey Frazzled!

Dont worry i thought the same! I was so worried about it the first time, took a heap of jumpers and pants and they just sat in the cupboard - the next time we went, we took bathers, dresses (for me), shorts and a few t shirts and undies the rest we bought over there.

I have heard of people packing undies and maybe 1 or 2 changes of clothes then buying the rest there!

We had trouble doing that when we went over for 3 weeks as we had a few nice dinners booked and had to wear nice clothing and had nice shoes too.

MelMel85 -

It is like a whole different world form NZ, think tropical..

Even when its raining its hot so you cant work out if your wet from the rain or sweat!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

HOw long are you going for and where are you headed?

Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

Yeh we are trying to base our packing on what it's like in Fiji as I know what that feels like! Haha.

We will probably buy a bit over there too so trying to consider that also! So excited - we are going for just over 3 weeks! Bliss! :)

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: warm clothes for boat trip?

Well you guys were right we certainly didn't need anything warm to put on afterwards! just left our togs on and dried out in the sun... was fantastic!