We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

UK,London
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

Hello we are two backpackers who want to stay one night on Ko Tao but never been before so can anybody advise on any reasonably priced huts there ? Thanks

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

Hi

There's lots of places around Koh Tao that would be classed as huts. To suggest somewhere, could you specify a budget and where on the island you want to stay? Although you won't see or be able to do a great deal only staying one night. Time of year will also influence prices.

If you visit the Koh Tao forum, there's a lot more info there:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g303910-i9415-Ko…

Edited: 23 January 2013, 09:57
UK,London
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

Maybe around 600 bahts per night ?i dont really know Ko Tao but all i wanted to do is just chill on the beach there for a day before moving on to ko phangan . Didnt want somewhere remote , maybe close to bars etc. can you advise please ? Thanks

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

At that price you're really at budget rooms. This will mean a fan and not air con. O'Chai Bungalows are ones that come to mind but they can't be booked in advance. Lotus resort also may have rooms at that price range. Again, that is assuming you're not going peak season.

UK,London
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

Ok thanks . Will check it out :)

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,586 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

Hi there, 600 bht it's really low budget!!

In Mae Haad I know this

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303910-d131564… i think right for your budget.

However Lotus Resort is a good choice, better location.

Enjoy Koh Tao

6. Re: Any good budget priced huts in Ko Tao ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 06:16