We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Recommendations with a Baby

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Hi, I've been to Thailand several times, Ao Nang, Phuket, Koh Lanta and Samui. This was before I had any children though. I now have a child under one and we're thinking of heading back to Thailand, but unsure where to go. I'd like somewhere that doesn't involve a long transfer from Bangkok, one flight is fine, but not boats etc aswell. I also want somewhere that has a nice safe beach for my son and has good restaurants for me and his mother! I'm happy and would quite like to try somewhere other than where we have been before, but that's not a prerequisite. In Phuket we went to Kata, and Samui we've been to Chaweng, Bophut and Laem Set. Thanks in advance!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Koh Samui and Phuket are the easiest to get to with a baby. Samui in particular – you can be sitting on a beach 30 minutes after your plane touches down.

For hotels we found these helpful:

mylittlenomads.com/family-friendly-hotels-in…

mylittlenomads.com/family-friendly-hotels-in…

For reading reviews http://www.sawadee.com is excellent as reviews are "verified" meaning you have to book through the site in order to be able to leave a review. I never booked through them so can't comment on that end of it.

Most hotels moderate and above are a good size so you should be fine for room.

L.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Hi

What time of year you're going? The weather can be the factors in your choice as where or which destination to to to.

Koh Samui as said above nowadays ( since the early 90s) there are direct flights to and from koh samui daily. Apology if you're already know this.

You can even fly direct to koh Samui from your home country via transit in Bangkok without to have to get off the airport with all your bags will be checking through.

These are the airlines that fly direct to koh Samui

Thai airways 2 flights daily to and from koh Samui

Bangkok airways 12 flights daily to and from koh Samui

Both airlines are full service. With Bangkok airs own the airport.

Alternatively Hau Hin and Cha- um would be another good choices as its close to Bangkok with a couple of hours car transfer from Bangkok.

Hope this help, do let us know what you think :)

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Thanks, which resort in Phuket would you recommend? Been to Kata and Karon, and I'm definitely not going to Patong

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
759 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Hi have you had a look at khao lak? You fly to Phuket then it's just over an hour by car to khao lak. It has beautiful beaches (or so it seems by research!) fantastic beach restaurants and some lovely hotels. We are staying at the jw marriott khao lak in December with our two girls who will be 4 and 6. There is no noisy nightlife, just a few nice restaurants and there is a market 3 times a week. You can get your usual massages on the beach and it looks like the are some great beach restaurants. Have a look at the khao lak TA forum and hotels, the ramada looks good too. It's meant to be a great nice and quiet, laid back place. Hope that helps.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

I would also say Khao Lak, you can't get to it as quick as you can to Samui but it's quieter and more relaxing.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Try the Old Phuket Boutique resort in Karon Beach.

I was there with my 6 months old son.

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Thanks for all the advice. Re Khao Lak, do you not need to get a boat from Phuket?

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
759 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

Hi, no, no boat from Phuket, you can get a cab or pre book boss, have a look at the khao lak forum for his email address but he is really popular. It will take about an hour and cost about 1400 bht.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

definitely khao lak. Book your hotel, book a transfer from phuket airport. Leave the terminal, enter a comfy vehicle and then relax for an hour and a little bit- then onto the beach- fantastic. Loads of beachfront hotels in KL without any of the hassle of phuket or samui.

Wish I was back there now!

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Recommendations with a Baby

LouLou

Don't know if you're aware that Emirates now fly to Phuket. It's probably the quickest way from Scotland and means you could be in khao lak without transiting Bangkok.

Regards

Jim