We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the thing (s) ...

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Topic
what is the thing (s) ...

That you should have brought from home that you couldn't get there ( not talking a certain type of beer or deodorant etc..) I mean "neccesities" that you could not find at all there

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

large size condoms(thai size are little boy size

bog roll

more bog roll

marmite

proper tea bags

milk

porrige

medicine for when u get the shites

much more money than u though u would need

deoderant

Edited: 27 January 2013, 22:40
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

You can't get meds for having the runs there, I always thought Thai pharmacies were supposed to be pretty good

, and no toilet paper , really ??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

They have toilet paper, medications and milk LOL

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

Hi

If you can see the pigs flying then you can believe Andy ( sorry Andy). You will find everything over there. However what you might find is some of the same product are more expensive than back home eg. Sun protections products.

Cheers,

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

Andy posts as is normal for him. I'd ignore it.

There's very little you can't get here, and I can't think of any necessities that can't be found.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

That back up debit card, the one that will pay for your flights home if necessary.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

actually, lots of things in boots pharmacy in thailand are less expensive than in the UK. There is toilet roll in most places, but I always carry a pocket pack of tissues with me, just in case.

We always take our own teabags and sometimes a travel kettle if the hotels we have booked do not have this facility.

And most importantly, we take an 'unlocked' phone with us, so we can put in a Thai sim card which is much cheaper than using our own phone from home. our own phone is 'locked' so we cannot replace the simcard. I don't understand all this stuff, but this is how we work it out. We also have different phones again to use when in the USA, which take a US simcard but are 'locked up' for USA use only. (?) Bizarre I know, but we have a whole bag of phones to use in different countries!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

I can't think of anything you can't buy in Thailand.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

Can you get shampoo/cond and hair styling products easily rather than take them from home?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what is the thing (s) ...

Good cheddar cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to admit top being a cheese addict and it is the only thing I miss when in LOS