We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Chiang mai, first time Thai :)))

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Chiang mai, first time Thai :)))

Hello,

Me and my wife are first time visitors in Thailand, we will visit thai in end of march start of april, and our first stop is in chiang mai, we not yet booked any of the hotels/b&b's and would like anyone to help us out with this.. Mainly we coming to chiang mai, to explore the Thai religion, life, atraction and etc, we will be staying here for 3-4 days and then move to ko samui for the relaxing vacation.. Can anyone recommend a decent b&b or a hotel, nice and clean, with buitifull outside view and not so expensive, around 20€,$,£ per person, could be cheaper if there is any :)) also please advice us a things to MUST see, things if you have time and things to do..

We would really apreciate for any help you give us

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Chiang mai, first time Thai :)))

Hi Lisij, it's so refreshing to see a first poster who's asking questions, instead of complaining about being ripped off.

You'd be surprised how often it's the other way around.

The three most important pieces of advice I could give you would be.

Research

Research

Research

Know where you go!

Read the FAQ's that you think are relevant to your journey.

I think for your first time in Thailand, Chiang Mai is a wonderful choice.

Have fun

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Chiang mai, first time Thai :)))

Hi

And just want to add to inaspin already suggested. Post your questions on specific forums you will get more answers eg. Chiangmai on Chiangmai , koh Samui on koh Samui forums etc.

cheers,

3. Re: Going to Chiang mai, first time Thai :)))

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 05:19