We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

I am very happy booking our holidays online and have used Sawasdee, Agoda & Asia Rooms before without any issues. I am looking at booking accommodation in Hua Hin in September and using comparisons, Sawasdee was significantly cheaper than the others until I checked Hoteltravel.com (even with all taxes etc) - they are much cheaper again than Sawasdee. I can't find much on the forums about them, apart from some from 2005. Has anyone used them recently that can share experiences etc. very grateful for any advice, thanks in advance :)

Alice Springs...
Level Contributor
16 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

Hi

Check out wego. Quite often they will show you a number of different booking agencies online together with prices on offer which can vary quite a few dollars.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

Hiya Allie,

I used HotelTravel.com (first time using them) to book the Chaweng Cove Resotel . I'm not sure if you recall but I had some concerns after booking and paying for it as when I contacted the resort they didn't have my booking. I followed up with HotelTravel.com and they told me that as I had booked 5 months out, the details had not yet gone through to Chaweng Cove. The next day they contacted the resort with my booking and I then received an email back from Chaweng Cove confirming this.

I was very happy with their response & how quickly they sorted everything out. AND the price for the beachfront pool villa was unbeatable by any other web sites or the resort themselves.

So, at this stage although I have yet to get to Samui (we arrive 3rd April) I am happy :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

HotelTravel are a reliable booking agent but I would also check out the Asiatravel website before you book as I have always found them cheaper than the others.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

Thanks ladies. I have looked at both Wego and Asiatravel and HotelTravel is the cheapest by far. I think I will go ahead and book. They have a good cancellation policy if I change my mind.

Anyone else that have had experiences with Hotel Travel care to share experiences?

Neils Girl, not too long now. It is good to hear of your good experience with them so far. Have a wonderful trip :)

5. Re: Have used Agoda & Sawasdee before but not Hoteltravel.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 05:19