We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Hopping and hotel booking

london
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island Hopping and hotel booking

I am looking to go to Thailand for New Year with my boyfriend for 10-14 days, we are in our early 20's.

We want to avoid the full moon party but we are not bores and do love a good night out.

I am aware you have to stick to one coast so would opt for the Koh Samui and Koh Phangan side.

What are the best places to visit, the best places to stay (not traveller digs but not too expensive either) and the best company to book and arrange everything with?

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,640 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

Hi Alex,

Regarding Koh Phangan please do read this link:

http://www.phangan.info/

My personal preference is the north east coast of the island.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

Hi

Just keep in mind during new year most hotels in Thailand will impose mandatory galas dinner on NYE. If you don't want to pay or participate make sure you check hotel policy before booking.

Chees,

Walton, Kentucky
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

Just curious...why do you have to stick to one coast? I am planning a trip for next year as well, but I was not aware of the rule. ?

london
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

I was told this was the best thing to dom but have since been told otherwise. I think now I'm gonig to go to Bangkok, fly down to Samiu, then onto Koh Pangan then over to Krabi/Phi Phi then back to Bagkok. I need some instruction its so confusing!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

It's far from a rule, however, in a normal holiday period of 2 weeks when considering how long it takes to travel across country it's often deemed that you waste more time travelling than actually "on holiday". Of course if you're planning on flying between places you save some time but the cost will be high. Time taken and cost both increase when travelling peak season (Christmas & NY)

london
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

What desinations would you recommend? I'm looking for beaches and good food!

7. Re: Island Hopping and hotel booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:17