We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

Hello,

I am currently in Chiang Mai on a 60 day single entry tourist visa, I am about to cross into Siem Reap for about a week and then plan to come back to Thailand for about 7 weeks.

I have done some research and i notice there is no Thai embassy in siem reap, short of going to pp. is it possible to apply for another thai tourist visa in either chiang mai or bangkok before i leave in order to reenter on this new visa?

Edited: 29 March 2013, 11:31
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,699 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

As far as I know, that is not possible from within Thailand. Going to Embassy in PP is best option, otherwise you will get only a 15 day visa waiver if you enter by land through Siem Reap or 30 days of by air then you would have to do more visa runs out and back into Thailand to get your total 7 weeks.

W Yorks
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

Arandora is right, you either need to apply out of the country (and PP takes 4 days to process) or obtain a waiver of either 15 days overland or 30 days with a flight.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

May I ask about my visa as I am confused. Got a 60 day one in Australia then extended in koh samui given 30 days as advised. My visa has a 2 marked on it So does this mean I can fly out and the enter again for 6o days? I read I could but no one can confirm. Thanks

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

A '2' marked where? Under number of entries? When you applied for the visa how many entries did you ask for? How many did you pay for? If you have a double entry visa then you can leave and come back, assuming that the visa has not expired, check the expiry date.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,604 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

Hi,

Your double entry means you can use it twice.. But each time is its own unique event..

The fact that you got an extension if stay (using a TM 7 form) does not impact your second and last entry in that double entry visa you have..

Once you leave Thailand (assuming you do not apply for, pay for and are approved for a re-entry permit via TM 8 form) that first entry and the associated extension will terminate.

When you come back - be that be the very same day or a week later (so long as its on or before the "use by" date on the visa sticker/stamp) you will then use the second and final entry on the double entry visa and therefore get a (new) 60 day period..

You can again apply for an entension of stay - but remember they are purely discretionary - and immigration would be wholly within their rights to ask you to explain or justify your request - remembering that your previous entry will show that it was extended before.

Travel Safe,

6. Re: Applying for thai tourist visa in Thailand (re-entry)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 05:17