We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island to go to as a family in July?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Which island to go to as a family in July?

Hello! Planning a 2 week holiday in Thailand for July/ August with my family (2 children 5 and 2 years old) and don't know where to go. Weather seems better towards koh Samui/ Koh Tao but I want to avoid overly built areas. I'm after relaxed cheapish bungalow on the beach, not too strenuous to get to with child friendly swimming... Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated!"!!

Thanks a lot

Nouria

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island to go to as a family in July?

With what you've said I think Koh Tao will suit you better than Samui as it's a much more laid back place especially after the day trippers go home and yes you should stick to that coast in July as it's less of a risk weatherwise.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island to go to as a family in July?

Great thanks! Any suggestions re places to stay? Simple bungalows on quiet beach??

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island to go to as a family in July?

How about Ban Krut, which is a coastal beach resort that's much easier to get to than an island: http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/ban-krut.htm

Edited: 18 April 2013, 19:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island to go to as a family in July?

Thanks, had a look but a bit more developed than I was hoping for. I'd like something calm, far from road, on teh beach and good for kids...

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which island to go to as a family in July?

Hi

Koh Tao is a lovely island to visit, but with young children the journey there can be quite arduous. The quiet beach areas are quite isolated too so you will be relying on taxis if you want to see anymore of the island.

Saying that it does offer what you stated so far. If you can give a budget then you'll get more suitable accommodation suggestions.

6. Re: Which island to go to as a family in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:17