We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

Is the 'Happy One' the best one?

Thank u

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

Happy SIMs are provided by DTAC and use by default the DTAC "004" international direct dialing service which is currently one of the more expensive ones to UK at 17 baht/min. dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/004happy.html

Fortunately you can make use of any Thai international direct dialing service regardless of which Thai SIM card you are using. You simply prefix the desired country code with the code of the IDD service. So if you absolutely want to use "004" you would dial the UK number as "00444nnnn..."

Currently there seem to be cheaper alternatives

- "008" by TOT http://www.totiig.net/business1/008_en.php which has the rate of 7 baht(min

- "00500" by AIN www.ais.co.th/12call/en/service-AIN.html at 6 or 7 baht/min

- "009" by CAT www.cattelecom.com/site/en/list_service.php… at 5 or 7 baht/min

I believe that all of these announced rates omit the value-added tax of 7%.

Calling using any of these IDD providers will deduct money from the prepaid balance of your SIM card.

The prices will change over time, so it is safest to check the current ones before any extensive calling.

You may be able access even cheaper rates by purchasing an international calling call, but using these is a bit more awkward, because you have to pay in advance for a separate card or PIN code, and you must call a special Thai access number.

Valladolid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

Hei i just finish my first day tour in bangkok... i am looking to go with some groups to kho phangan someone will go next week?

for someone who will come to bangkok i recommend the people of friendlylocaltrip.com yesterday i book an expat guy and it was a really nice day tour...

Wait for your reply

See u

Eva

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

Hey Eva I'm leaving for Jo phangang tommorow on a sleeper bus if u want to get the same coach I'm on kao San road at the moment looking for a travel buddy

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,587 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

Just to further clarify: You can get a SIM card from any of the three providers. Each one offers its own alternative international access codes which save money for international calls. 004 is specific to DTAC (Happy), 005 and 00500 only for AIS (one2Call) and 006 only for True. In addition 007, 008 and 009 are open to all phones.

You dial the code instead of the default 001 or "+".

Goodsoil Family above has rounded up some of the current rates, which constantly fluctuate.

5. Re: Advice on best Thai Sim Card to call the UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:17