We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

mumbai
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

Hi,

My wife and me plan to be in Thailand in the first week of July this year, for 7 nights. If we fly in and out from Bangkok, can someone suggest a nice itinerary. We are young and fun loving and love beaches, nice resorts, night life and good food!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

I would suggest 3 nights in Bangkok and 4 nights in Hua Hin as it's close to Bangkok, only a couple of hours south by road, so you avoid having to waste your precious time in airports. Suggest reading the Things to Do section under Bangkok. Plenty of options in Hua HIn, nice town, laid back, still retains a Thai flavour, reasonable beach for relaxing, good night market, good seafood - get there by train or taxi from Bangkok.

You may also like to think about Pattaya as there's plenty of nightlife there, but the beaches aren't that nice (dirty), but it is only about 1 1/2 hours from Bangkok.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 00:35
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

I concur with Cassnu. With regars to Pattaya, OP can take short ferry trip to Koh Larn to experience clean beach.

Save Reply
3. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

Hello

I do agree, 2 nights in Bangkok, then get on a plane heading for Phuket, her you will find your complete stay, clean beaches, good night life, and all you can dream on of food. Contact me if you want to know more.

Best regards Jariya

mumbai
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

Thanks! I also see Khao Lak or Krabi and Ching Mai pop-up in several forums. Are these worth visiting, given my trip duration?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

More than 2 locations in 7 nights will severely reduce your changes of enjoying each location.

If you are willing to fly to a beach from Bangkok, Krabi or Khao Lak would be alternatives to Phuket, if you are looking for better snorkeling/diving and quieter beaches. Krabi has its own airport, so access is comparable to Phuket.

Chiang Mai is a inland destination up north. It would be an alternative to Bangkok, if you prefer a much smaller town with lots of temples and plenty of daytrip opportunities to the surrounding nature and hill tribes.

mumbai
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

Thanks!

Wilmington
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

Looking to do trip myself with the wife come June/July 2014. How was your trip? Any other suggestions, likes / dislikes?

Edited: 18 January 2014, 16:56
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

HI Seajsea. If you do not mind more flights and you are looking for a beach I suggest a trip to Ko Samui. It is an attractive island with both busy and quiet areas. Be aware though that since the weather is better on that side, July is a peak month attracting supplements.

Wilmington
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

Looking to do trip myself with the wife come June/July 2014. How was your trip? Any other suggestions, likes / dislikes?

Thanks for the info. Need to do some planning. I am thinking that 7 nights is not enough.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help - 7 nights itinerary in Thailand for July 2013

I reckon 10 nights minimum is good if you want to do two places like Bangkok and the beach.