We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in phuket for august?

7 posts
Save Topic
weather in phuket for august?

Hai. I'll be going to phuket and krabi this august with my friends. Is it true the weather will be rainy all day?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in phuket for august?

Hi

Phuket and krabi both are on the west /Andaman coast. And yes you will be in the middle of rainy season. I don't think is the case of raining all day, generally you will have short down pour with still plenty of sunshines. However If you're planing to do water based activity the rough sea might prevent that. Good thing in low season though you will have a better rates for your accoms.

If you want better weather the perhaps look at east/gulf of Thailand instead the like of koh Samui, koh Tao and koh phangan.

Cheers,

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in phuket for august?

Before you come just check on climate of the Andaman coast first, but August isn't a heavy rain month I think it's fine to visit there. (just like last year it was dry and hot)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in phuket for august?

You will probably get some rain in the afternoon but nothing major.

4. Re: weather in phuket for august?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:17