We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

Hi! My husband and I are looking for a hotel on the beach for mid September with an average price of around 80-90$ USD a night....would love some suggestions! Included breakfast would be ideal!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

I would check out the Asiatravel website to get an idea of what's available for your budget, also check out if theirs a crazy rate for Phuket as they are great deals.

www.asiatravel.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

Just to add that the weather might not be very good in Phuket during that period as it's the monsoon period so i would also check out what's available in Koh Samui as it should be a better choice weatherwise even although it will also be the start of the rainy seson there too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,916 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

September not ideal time weather wise to visit Phuket.

November - April weather is best on the West Coast (Andaman Sea)..

May – Sept weather is best on the East Coast (Gulf Coast)

Check out www.sawadee.com

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

EJFRTW.... you might be best posting your question on the Phuket forum as there are a lot more people to help with your question :)

we have been to Phuket many times and all in 'monsoon' season, 3x in Sept and always had perfect weather, out of 22 days had only 3 rainy days and only one of those were on and off showers all day, had an awesome day trip to Phang Nga on the sail boat with Phuket Sail tours, not bad for the supposedly 'wettest' month of the year :)

there are no guarentees with weather anywhere in the world now and also no guarentee that it won't rain in Samui.....it did when we were there...never seen rain like it in my life!!! :(

As for accomodation on Phuket on the beach depends on the type of are you prefer?

Patong: is the main tourist hub and busy but if you stay north or south ends there are some beautiful resorts far enough away from the hussel bussel but close enough to walk in and plenty of everything you need on your doorstep, personaly I love north end and find th beach is the best part of Patong beach there, we stay at www.phuketgraceland.com some great deals in low season (may to oct) with a travel agent stay/pay deals, I got a pool access room for $110 night inc breakfast for October, deluxe pool view room is cheaper....worth looking at, not on the beach but right opposite :)

Kata and Karon more laid back and beachy but with a good mix of great dining and bars without the shopping malls and busy nightlife

bit more remote but great beaches and still accessable to everything you need look at Kamala, Surin and Bang tao beach areas

give me an idea on the type of holiday you are looking for and I can give you some ideas for lovely resorts within your budget :)

cheers

mossy :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

Agree with Mossy 100%. I have been to phuket. 7 times in low season 1xSept , 6 x Oct, and not had a bad trip yet. The worst I have ever had is 2 days that it rained most of the day, but that was just one trip. I have also had trips with no rain at all during the day. The general rule is, that when it rains, it lasts about an hour and is gone.

I have also been once in high season, February, and I have to say I much preferred low season weather.

Have already booked again for this year, next trip is 5 weeks away, followed by another trip in October!Michelle

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

Thanks Mossy & Michelle!

Our dates are already booked as part of our RTW, so can't really change the season we go in, just make the best of it! We are looking into Kata and the area away from the hustle and bustle of Patong. We have 7 nights for our trip, and would be okay finding a great location near the beach, or splitting it up into 2 areas!

Appreciate it!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

I agree with Mossy & Michelle,

We stay in Phuket for all of low season & it is still a fantastic time to be there. Kata & Kata Noi are lovely areas to stay. Maybe have a look at Kata Beach Resort or even Mom Tri's Villa Royale at Kata Noi as they have great low season packages which include transfers, breakfast, 2 free dinner each at Mom Tri's Kitchen and 2 free massages each at their spa in the 7 night package.

Have a look at this thread as well, lots of people giving their reaons why they love going to Phuket during low season :)

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k…

Cathy

8. Re: Phuket Mid September 2013 on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:17