We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time Thailand trip - Bangkok then where?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time Thailand trip - Bangkok then where?

Hi, I am planning a holiday to Thailand in April 14 for approx 2 weeks for my 30th. There will be a small group up to 6 people and budget is up to £1600 ish ea. We would like nice beaches and hotels, option of trips throughout the day and a nice selection of bars on a night for both a quiet evening or something a bit more lively if the mood takes us!! We are aiming to spend 2 nights/ 3 days in Bangkok but i need help on where else to go... I was keen on Koh Lanta at first but the more i look in to it i wonder whether it may be too quiet? Other options i have checked out are Phi Phi or Koh Chang but are these going to be heaving with tourists? The more i seem to search the harder it is to pinpoint where we should go......any ideas?? Thanks

Lanna Kingdom Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Boat Tours
Follow Me Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time Thailand trip - Bangkok then where?

I suspect Koh Lanta will be too quiet for you, I suggest either Phuket, somewhere like Kata Beach with a couple of visits into Patong for big nights out or South Chaweng on Samui. Both places are pretty full on tourist centres though, so if you want something quieter you could look at somewhere like Bophut or Choeng Mon in Samui, again with a night or two out in Chaweng - Choeng Mon has the nicer beach and Bophut has a more upmarket, boutique feel.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time Thailand trip - Bangkok then where?

Hi there Ash, I've only ever visited Koh Chang Dec-Jan period and will not try to answer what April on Koh Chang would be like, however if you would like to ask the same question on the Koh Chang forum Ian the Destination Expert who lives on Koh Chang would be the best person to fill you in on what information you are after for April 2014.

Hope this helps. CJ

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time Thailand trip - Bangkok then where?

Just wanted to say thanks for your responses, i also received a couple of messages with regards to Koh Chang and i have to say that i think that's where we will be looking to go... i have a feeling that once i have been i'll want to go back so will consider Samui next time. Thanks again!!

4. Re: First time Thailand trip - Bangkok then where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:17