We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hello! We are planning our 2 week honeymoon in Thailand and I want to get your opinions on schedule and a few other things. Below is the schedule. I am also looking for recommendations on a cooking school and elephant farm in Chiang Mai. Other tour recommendations would be great also. Hotel suggestions in all 3 places would be great also! I was thinking of staying at JW Marriott in Bangkok, as we have points to use and I believe its close to the skytrain. I am leaning towards Chedi Chiang Mai, in CM and have no idea about Koh Samui. I chose Chiang Mai before Koh Samui as we will probably want some relaxation after Chiang Mai. Thanks!

Leave Atlanta July 12

Arrive Bangkok July 13

3 nights in Bangkok

Fly to Chiang Mai July 16 (flights $65 per person)

4 nights in Chiang Mai

Flight from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani - Then you take the ferry to Koh Samui - $255 per person

or

Direct Flight from Chiang Mai to Koh Samui - There is only one - $277/person

4 nights in Koh Samui - leave July 24

Flight to Bangkok out of Koh Samui is $168 or we can take the Ferry/Bus to Surat Thani and fly from there for $42. Ferry is $13/person and takes about 45 min. Taxi to airport.

Spend last 2 nights in Bangkok

Fly home July 26

Mae Sa Snake Farm
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Farms
Mon Jam
Mountains, Farms, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts
Nong Hoi Royal Project
Gardens, Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Farms
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Do the direct flight from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani otherwise you still have to take the bus and ferry transfer which adds about 3 hours onto your journey. If money is no object then I would also fly from Samui to Bangkok.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

Hi

Agree witch Cass if money is no object then fly direct to koh Samui from Chiangmai and koh Samui to Bangkok instead of flying to mainland whit bus and ferry transfers.

Congrats :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

Sorry, that should say take the direct flight from Chiang Mai to Samui (not Surat Thani)!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

It will save lot of time by flying. So its a good option.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

Suggest for elephant farm in Chiang mai www.pataraelephantfarm.com

(d '3' b)

Edited: 25 May 2013, 05:41
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon

Thank you all! As long as the prices aren't outrageous, I prefer to make travel as easy as possible. I will check out Pantara now... Thanks for the recommendation. I look forward to hearing any recommendations on other tours and hotels anyone may have also.

7. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16