We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm off tomorrow!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
I'm off tomorrow!

Hi Everyone,

Just signing in for the last time before I leave tomorrow morning for 23 days in Thailand.

I've been ticking off the domestic 'things to do before I leave' - care for oldies organised, said goodbye to daughter and grandchildren, left husband with a 'reminders' list, cleaned the house and done the washing. Now just have to pack.

I'm flying directly to Chiang Rai for 5 nights, then taking the VIP bus to Chiang Mai where I'll spend 8 nights and then off the Bangkok for 9 nights. This will be my third visit to Thailand. I've been to Chiang Mai and Bangkok before, but not Chiang Rai.

This time I've arranged accommodation in private apartment rentals in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai and at Cape House Serviced Apartments in Bangkok. I'm tired of hotels and think that apartments might offer me the flexibility and independence I'd like. I'll let you know when I get back how this worked out for me.

Also, this time I haven't organised any tours or tour guide in advance, except for a Bangkok Food Tour. Last time I booked a lovely private guide for 3 days and although the arrangement was mainly successful, I found that the one on one experience was at times just too intense and tiring. There were times when I just wanted to be silent with my thoughts to take in the spectacular surroundings, and I was unable to do this. I'll play it by ear this time and wander around by myself, taking time to 'be in the moment' and to 'roll with the punches'. If I get lonely, I'll just join a group tour to somewhere.

My main reason for writing this is to thank you all for your contributions to the Forum which have helped me greatly in the planning of this, and my previous trips. Also, thank you to those lovely people who have sent me private messages of support and encouragement.

If I'm successful in getting on-line with my iPad in Thailand, I'll say 'hi' from there, but I'll definitely post JBR's when I return to pay back for all help I've received.

Kindest regards,

Sue

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Hey Sue, have a great holiday. I think you've made the right decision in not prearranging any tours.

To be able to free-range like a chicken, a scratch here, a scratch there, then to move on when you've had enough sounds fantastic to us.

We'll look forward to any updates.

Have fun

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Have a safe journey and a great holiday and ley us know all about it when you return.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Hi Susan my iPad friend :)

Have a safe and fantastic trip, will look forward to your updates and JBR!!

Me too..wish you have lots of fun :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,128 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Hi Sue,

Have a good journey over and enjoy Thailand.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,567 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Susan, have a safe journey and a great holiday.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Hi Sue

Wishing you best wishes for your trip to thailand. Hope it will be a memorable one and would love to hear about your trip after coming back.

Cheers and God Bless

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Have a great trip, Susan. Stay safe.

Cheers.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Oh Im so jealous, wish I was leaving in the morning, have a great trip

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

Have a wonderful trip Susan, I hope that you have a fantastic time full of lots of adventures, spectacular sights, yummy food and all the best that Thailand has to offer. Looking forward to reading your JBR's

10. Re: I'm off tomorrow!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 05:17