We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,406 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

If you're heading to the southern islands soon I just saw on a friend's (resident of KP) FB page that there's a lot of Dengue hitting the island at the moment, take plenty of mozzie repellent and keep it topped up throughout the day and night. Just sayin : )

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

Not just there, it's a bad year for dengue according to the Public Health Ministry:

bangkokpost.com/news/local/354143/dengue-fev…

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,406 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

I guessed as much Gippy, which is why I put it on the Thailand Forum, we're heading there in 14 days so a bit concerned for my little ones.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

Wow... that's a very scary thing. It's almost doubled in cases since last year according to your link, Gippy. I feel badly that so many children under the age of 15 have contracted it. Hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as forecasted.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

Two of our customers in Bangkok have come down with it this year, nasty stuff. I have a coil burning under my desk now, nasty stuff as well though :-(

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

And don't forget to spray the soles of your feet as the blighters will find an area that you haven't covered.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

Thanks for posting Cassnu.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,406 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

Welcome, always good to keeps these things at front of mind.

8. Re: Dengue Prevalent in Koh Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:17