We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Thailand

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Thailand

Hi All

I have been to Thailand before and did Bangkok, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi. This time I am going with my girlfriend for just over 2 weeks (16 days).

We both are a little restless, we generally don't like to sit on beaches for days on end (although oddly liked it in Goa!). Like to explore with a mix of relaxtion, beauty and good food! (both in 20's).

The below I have pulled together on the basis that Bangkok would be a good way of re-adjusting, do kao san road, the grand palace, experience the Thai tuk tuks e.t.c

Then somewhere I have always wanted to do - Chiang Mai for exploring local villages, elephants and relax.

After this I am a little less certain, I was thinking of flying to Phuket as I have a number of Radisson/Marriott points and relax a little there, however I have heard that many of these resorts are out of the way and there isnt really alot to explore in the vicinity?

I was then thinking Ko Phi Phi as I enjoyed the night life and all the fire stick madness that goes on there, however we aren't really going to get drunk and that's largely what I remembered. Also the place to get a boat across to the 'Beach' location.

Then I was thinking head onto Krabi for a couple of days (is it just beaches?), then over to Koh Phangan which I loved - really stunning, good motorbike roads, not too seedy (from what I could see) and nice hidden beauty.

I have excluded Koh Samui because even though I stayed on Chaweng beach, I found the inner town a bit rough/seedy.

Then back to Bangkok.....what have I missed and/or under/overrated?

25/11/2013 Monday Arrive in Bangkok 8pm

26/11/2013 Tuesday Bangkok

27/11/2013 Wednesday Bangkok - Fly out to chiang mai

28/11/2013 Thursday Chiang Mai

29/11/2013 Friday Chiang Mai

30/11/2013 Saturday Fly out to Phuket

01/12/2013 Sunday Phuket

02/12/2013 Monday Phuket

03/12/2013 Tuesday Ko Phi Phi

04/12/2013 Wednesday Ko Phi Phi

05/12/2013 Thursday Krabi

06/12/2013 Friday Krabi

07/12/2013 Saturday Koh Phangan

08/12/2013 Sunday Koh Phangan

09/12/2013 Monday Koh Phangan

10/12/2013 Tuesday Bangkok

11/12/2013 Wednesday Fly home at 2.30am

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Phangan Beach Resort
Phangan Beach Resort
508 Reviews
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Koh Phi Phi Tour
Koh Phi Phi Tour
287 Reviews
Krabi Town, Thailand
Goa
Goa
India
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
940 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Chaweng Beach
Chaweng Beach
2,759 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,748 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand

If you have not been to Chiang Mai before you might consider extending your time there by a few days as there is a lot to see and do around the area.

…thaitravelplan.com/…results

Above link may help you, also a check of the FAQs on the Chiang Mai Forum

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,299 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand

Hi,

I would miss out on one of the islands and spend more time in Chiang Mai. Do be aware that it will take you the best part of a day to travel from Krabi to Koh Phangan.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phangan Beach Resort
Phangan Beach Resort
508 Reviews
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand

Thanks for the above comments, given the time of the year am I also going the right way round?

From what I could find, it seemed to be a case of North first and then South for the best on good weather.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,748 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand

I would leave it the way round you have it, after all nice to finish on a relax on the beach!

5. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:17