We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

New Delhi
Level Contributor
180 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

So, i am planning on writing a trip report every night/morning to summarize our days activity.

Day 1

We landed 6 Pm last night (Sunday) and visa on arrival took quite some time. Got out of airport to board the airport express line and got out at a station that was around 10 mins away from our hotel we booked in Sukhumvit area. When we got out the metro, we didn't have any maps, working phone etc so figured we would just take a taxi but while waiting a tuk tuk pulled over and we just go "what the hell, tuk tuk is must do in thailand anyway" and hopped in. Me & Wife were just enjoying the view on streets and 2 guys on motorbike started snatching my wife's hand bag but she kept holding on to it. They saw a car coming towards them from front so they had to give up to avoid accident.

So, that was the welcome to bangkok for us. We were pretty happy that this would keep us alert now throughout the trip.

Anyways, upon reaching hotel (Around 9 Pm) we were very happy with the room and view from our corner room at Hotel Rembrandt in Sukhumvit. We were certainly tired but that thrill you get when you land in the new country didn't allow us to even consider going to bed. So we called reception and asked if there are any shopping near by, we literally have 2 t shirts each and couple of underwear (Bangkok is for shopping, isn't it). The receptionist said, there is a night market at 10 mins walking for some good shopping. We decided to walk and on the way saw alot of shops/restaurants open, keeping our hopes alive. Grabbed some KFC as we didn't want to take a chance with first meal. Started spotting some street shops and to my wife, that is heaven. The market is sooooo awesome and the bargain makes it sooo good... for example, we bought an item and lady asked for 180 baht and i said 100 she goes ok... i am thinking, what the hell.... next shop, i the guy asks for 100 baht, i go 20 and i got the deal at 30 baht.....

Anyways, on the way back (around 11:30 Pm) we started spotting tons of prostitutes which was very different and new experience for the wifey (its illegal in india as most of the countries). The overall atmosphere still stays shoppy and environment is pretty good.

Right outside our hotel, we spotted a nice thai restaurant named "Roy Thai" got some Tom Yum chicken soup with toast and eggs, couple of beers. While eating we realize it was 12 midnight and there we complete one year of our wedding. Wished it other and called it a night. Reached hotel in 10 mins, took a shower and off to bed.

I ended up waking up at 5:30 this morning, not sure if its because i am in new bed or just excitement. Not very happy about it since it won't help me staying up again till late night. Wifey is still sleeping (7:45 Am), while i shave, go to gym for a while etc.

Plan for today is to visit the kings palace, may be another tourist thing, pratunam shopping, mbk mall and at night may be hit some famous club(s).

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Hi Mohit

Great. Hopefully your 2nd day will be more exciting than the first one.

Cheers

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Nice reading.....but no photos? You don't know a photo tells a thousand words...kidding!

Thanks for sharing!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Nice report Mohit, and Happy 1st Anniversary to you both:) Shame about your welcome to Bangkok but it will keep you both more alert now. Looking forward to your next update.

Cathy

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Thanks for the 1st report Mohit, what a shame about your wifes bag nearly getting taken but thankfully she held on :) at least the day ended well for you both, Happy Anniversary to you both & look forward to reading about your next adventure in Bangkok :)

Vinny

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Thanks for your report and glad that awful incident with your wife's bag didn't dent your enthusiasm, looking forward to updates and hope you have a nice day at the palace.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Hi,

First of Happy Anniversary.

Thanks for this type of Post.

Can u tell me how is Thailand for the Honeymoon And which month is better for visiting this place?

and what is average Indian RS for 1 week and which place should be visited?

Thanks,

Vishal patel.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 07:26
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

Hi Vishal

Thailand is really a great place to visit and for honeymoon too. Lovely beaches, amazing food and many things to explore. There are lots of places you can go for your honeymoon in Thailand. If you want to go for an average budget one than try out Bangkok and Pataya. Average cost depends upon what hotels you choose and how you travel and things.

cheers

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

HI,

Thanks For reply,

Normally I have a budget of 50K To 60K for 5-6 Days.

in this budget with better then normal Hotels which one is god.

Thanks,

Vishal

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

have you included airfare in that or its excluding airfare.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report 8 nights in thailand on 1st wedding anniversary

with including airfares and other charges my budget is 75K,