We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation availability Christmas/New Year - Thailand

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation availability Christmas/New Year - Thailand

Hi,

I was wondering what the accommodation availability is like over Christmas and New Year.

We will be spending almost a month from 12th December until 7th January. We are flying in and out of Bangkok where we will book something in advance. Other than that we were intending to be spontaneous. Our only major plan at the moment is to end up at Koh Lanta at some point.

It is my first time in Thailand but my bf spent a month there ten years ago, he thinks we will be fine but I'm a little concerned!

We are on a fairly tight (but not too cheapo) budget, not too concerned about how basic the accommodation is but I don't want to end up sleeping on the beach!

Any advice would be most welcome :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation availability Christmas/New Year - Thailand

Hi

You will find somewhere to sleep that for sure but you are not going to have much choices. Also you might end up pay more than you're plans or find not the ideals places.

I would suggest just book somewhere a couple of nights in Bangkok and book a night or two next destinations before you are moving on. In that case you have place to stay when you are arrive.

Cheers,

Edited: 11 July 2013, 14:02
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,817 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation availability Christmas/New Year - Thailand

As above I am sure you will find somewhere but it could be that all the 'budget' accom is full and you end up paying a lot of money out. Not sure I would risk it if on a tight budget over this period

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation availability Christmas/New Year - Thailand

You are travelling at peak tourist season in Thailand. You will find accommodation but it might not be what you would have picked normally.

I would booked in advance as much as you can.

4. Re: Accommodation availability Christmas/New Year - Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:18