We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

New York City
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

I'm going to Myanmar for 10 days and end up in Bangkok on a Tuesday evening. My flight back to NYC isn't until the following Sunday at 2am so I have 4 days to fill in Thailand.

My boyfriend will meet me in Thailand when the tour ends. We can stay in Bangkok for 4 days to explore together, but I also like the idea of going to a beach. I'm reluctant to look into Phuket because we really hate touristy places. And I've heard the area around Krabi has nice resorts but it's mudflats not beaches.

We love exploring, being outside, but also relaxing. And we don't mind taking a short plane ride on Tuesday night from Bangkok. Please send along any recs!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

Hi

If it were me I'd look at Hua Hin. Has lots to offer, beach, culture and town/city facilities and reasonable 2.5 hour taxi ride away.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

Hi

I agree with lushlynds Hau Hin would be my pick closer to Bangkok so you don't some your time traveling around. That said if you further away from Bangkok then koh Chang might be better off if you. You can go by car + ferry transfer, they will pick you up from hotel in Bangkok and drop you off at the hotel in koh Chang. Or you can fly to Trat/d province 1hour flight with minibus across with ferry all the way to your hotel in koh Chang.

Cheers,

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

Personally, I would spend the 4 nights in Bangkok. I love it and I think there is so much to experience and explore.

But if this will likely be your only trip to Thailand, I would stay in Bangkok Tuesday night, then head to either Hua Hin or Koh Samet for Wednesday and Thursday night, then back to Bangkok early on Friday for Friday night and Saturday (and I would reserve the room until Sunday, so you have a home-base all day Saturday and a place to shower before you leave to the airport Saturday night).

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

Is this trip now or in the next 2 or 3 months? If so your in the wet season for Bangkok/Koh Chang etc I would head for Hua Hin per #1 which does have a beach and much more to offer

If your trip was between November and April the beautiful island of Koh Chang would be my choice.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

I would also go somewhere that you can get to by car from Bangkok because of your time frame, Koh chang has better beaches and water clarity than hua Hin but it's the rainy season however you could keep your itinerary flexible and only decide after checking out the weather a couple of days beforehand.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

There plenty to do in Bangkok for 4 days but if you need a beach Hua Hin is your best option.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

We had a few days to kill after visiting Myanmar too.

So we got a morning flight to BKK from Yangon, and then the afternoon Air Asia flight to Phnom Penh for a few nights.

Only problem with doing that now is that Air Asia fly out of Don Muang.

New York City
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

These are such helpful recommendations! This will be in early November so luckily the rainy season is not a concern. If anyone else wants to weigh in, please do!

Thanks everyone.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

1 vote for Koh Chang or Trad, u can take a short flight and catch a ferry there.

hua Hin will be crowded during weekend, 80% Thai :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,116 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 days in Thailand with boyfriend: what to do?

I would book a really lush hotel for 4 days and explore Bangkok!!