We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand or Vietnam?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand or Vietnam?

I am travelling to Asia next January. I have 6 weeks and initially thought of doing 3 weeks in Vietnam then 3 weeks in Thailand. Since reading reviews, I'm edging more towards 2 weeks in Vietnam and 4 weeks in Thailand. What does everything think of this? Would I have time to got the north and south of Thailand in this time? or would Vietnam be better to travel in 3 weeks? I am a little stuck on what to do!

Any recommendations/feedback would be much appreciated.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand or Vietnam?

It depends very much on how 'in depth' you want to see either country, You could certainly very easily spend the whole 6 weeks in Thailand and I am guessing if you post this question on the Vietnam Forum you will find that you could very easily spend 6 weeks there.

For me personaly I would go with 4 weeks Thailand and 2 weeks Vietnam.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand or Vietnam?

To be honest, I only want to see Vietnam as a friend advised it was better than Thailand so I don't want to miss out. From reading other reviews, it seems to be that Thailand is a lot easier to get around, whereas Vietnam is just slightly behind. That hasn't overly put me off Vietnam, however it has made me think would it be better to extend my stay in Thailand instead.

Thank you for your response!

Edited: 28 July 2013, 17:08
London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand or Vietnam?

It would be a shame to miss the temples in Cambodia while you are there. 6 weeks is plenty of time to get a taste of all 3 countries. Decide which one you like best, then go back next year! Check intrepidtravel.com for itineries. Jan is peak season so expect triple prices and expensive flights. Book soon!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,792 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand or Vietnam?

If it's your first visit to SE Asia, I would spend 6 weeks in Thailand. There is more than enough to see and do and you will definitely want to return to the area and can look at Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos for future trips.

Trisha

5. Re: Thailand or Vietnam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16