We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mulberry & LV handbags

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mulberry & LV handbags

Off tomorrow for 4 nights in Bangkok then 12 nights in koh samou.

Ladies...I am a handbag nut... Where do I buy the best handbags?what sort of prices am I looking at?

Also been told to take a favourite dress with me & get it made up. I think timewise, koh samou will be easier. Any recommendations as to where to go? 1st time to Thailand so not wise about coatings for something like this.

Help!!!

Thanks a million from one very excited lady!

Toni

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Hi

Are you talking about the genuine one of the replica? If the genuine one they are the same price as you would pay anywheres else in the world. These provides class as the luxury and very high in imported tax. But if you're looking for replica then most malls have them. I have seen them both in MBK and at markets.

In koh Samui you will find lots of them in shops in chaweng beach road.

Sorry cant help with price. I'm only stick good Thai brand. and I have been buy my bags from Australian lady she made beautiful handbags with real leather great designs and reasonable price. I don't have any thing against replica but I just don't buy them.

Timmy tailors in koh Samui have a very good reputation. His shops is on chaweng beach road.

Cheers.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Brilliant thank you. Will look for the tailor

Interested in the Australian lady,sounds really interesting. Like things that you won't see everywhere else as well.

Where is she??? Hope not to Australia ???!!

Thanks for your help.

Toni

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

The fake handbags have different prices because there's different qualities but expect to pay 6000baht for the top quality bags and 2000 baht for the cheaper version Timmy gets good reviews here but it's no longer very cheap to get things made in Thailand and you usually have to return for multiple fittings which I don't like doing on holiday.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Thanks for the advice. 6000 when converted to sterling is good if the bags are as you say, good quality. Sorry were you talking about buying bags in Bangkok or wait till I get to koh samou?

Good advice about Timmy' thank you. Maybe I will just shop & see what there is.

The way the weather is being reported in koh samou may be the only thing we do do!!! Forecast clouds, lots of them & thunderstorms. Not what we had planned or dreamed of. With a Sicilian husband... Bad weather not going down too well !!!

Toni

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Yes she is in Australia but I can send you PM If you want she has website her bags only come in small quantity. Her bags appeared in some of magazines vogue Australia included.

For koh Samui weather don't pay attentions too much in the forecast. Thailand is tropical you will,have odd showers here and there.

Samui shopping are not the best like Bangkok less options less variety. If you see what you like in Bangkok just buy them you might never see the same things again. Most shopping in koh samui are more of beach wears and souvenirs.

If you like bags, shoes cloths then Bangkok is your places.

Cheers,

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Great advice thank you!!!

Will lov to look at this ladies bags on site. Will do that when home.

Only 4 more hours till we leave for the airport!!!

Thanks for the info & made me feel better about the weather!!

Thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Have a great trip. I will send you PM might be bit later but it should be in your box when you're home :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Hey I'd be interested in this too. I am going to koh samui march but would like to see handbags.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

In koh samou at the moment. Didn't take that advice about buying bags in Bangkok! Bought other things. Here I have not seen Any shops that sell handbags. Stalls in fishermans village are rubbish..... Don't buy there. Poor quality & look it!

Anyone recommend anywhere on the island with good quality shops?? Would be interested I good copy bags as well?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks ladies

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,518 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mulberry & LV handbags

Just bear in mind that copy bags, or copy any kiind of goods, are illegal and much less choice and worse quality these days. Also posting about illegal "things" is against TA guidelines so the more you post the more likely posts will be removed. You can get originals at good prices in sales in malls and department stores. No doubt Koh SAMUI regulars will tell you where these are.