We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

Hi,

I am planning on traveling to Thailand in August for 4 weeks. I originally planned to spend 2 weeks in the north and then 2 weeks in the south but after hearing good things about Vietnam and Cambodia I now want to try and fit them in as well.

I was thinking about spending a few days in Bangkok then fly out to Vietnam and spend week traveling through before crossing to Cambodia for another week. I would then probably catch a flight back to Bangkok before heading to the islands in the south for remaining duration of my trip.

Does this sound possible or am trying to cram too much in short time. Also what places do you recommend and what activities do you suggest.

London
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

Hi mate

Check the itinerary for the organised tours on intrepeid travel.com.

Use skyscanner.com to book domestic flights. Booking.com to book hotels. Take £, change currency there.

Personally I would do 10 days Vietnam, start North, work south. 5 days Cambodia. 2 weeks Thailand. Stick to the main cities on your first visit. You can explorer deeper next time. It depends what you are looking for but I would suggest 5 days in Phuket, 5 days Samui, the remaining in Bangkok. Save Bangkok for last so you are 'scam aware' and don't have to carry your shopping around for the rest of the trip. You could try Chiang Mai and Phangan too for the half/full moon parties, or leave it for next time.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

would you fly to Bangkok first then get a flight to Vietnam of just land in Vietnam. Probably sounds like a silly question

London
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

BKK first. Flights there are always cheapest as there are so many. A direct flight from Heathrow with Thai airways is ideal. They are the best carrier in my opinion. If not use one of the Arab ones and stop over in Dubai. I've flown Emirates and Etihad. The Etihad flight had a tiny amoutn of leg room. Never again. Haven't had the guts to use EVa although they are always the cheapest. Reviews arent bad.

London
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

Also, check the monthly climate rainfall charts for each of the places you intend to visit. August is the wet month for much of Vietnam.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

Vietnam is a long country and wouldn't be possible to visit in less than 2 weeks and you would need a week in Cambodia just for Phnom Penh and Siem Reap so that only leaves a week for Thailand I would do either Vietnam and Cambodia or Thailand and Cambodia, to do all three you would need another week.

6. Re: 4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia - itinerary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17