We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Thailand

london
Level Contributor
88 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Thailand

I am planning a trip to Cambodia and Laos in November.i would like any up to date info on the long haul leg. Ideally I would like a direct flight and had thought Thai Airways to Bangkok as a starting point.have read mixed reviews as usual . Lack of up to date in seat TV , maybe updated now?any comments on airlines and Bangkok for jumping off point for Phnom Penh,Luang Prabang etc.

Andrew race

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Thailand

I have flown EVA many times (often come up cheaper than Thai) also used Etihad and Quatar (both not direct though) but very good.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,712 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Thailand

Hi,

Thai have updated and retro-fitted their planes on the LHR-BKK route and they have screens at all seats now.

Cheers

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Thailand

Check out the www.skyscanner.net website to see what's the best price/schedule, the best pricet will probably be one of the Middle East airlines lik Emirates but you might also get a good price on a direct flight with BA.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,712 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Thailand

Hi,

Just to add, I doubt BA would be cheaper than either of the other two direct carriers and with both Thai and Eva you will get a 33-34" seat pitch whereas BA's is 31" which can make a big difference to comfort on the long flight.

Cheers

5. Re: Flights to Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:19